|Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945)
1st Czechoslovak Army Corps
1st Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Regiment
|From - to:
||15.06.1944 1 - 25.01.1945 2
|Subordinate to: 3
04/44 - Soviet 6th Air Reserve Brigade 4
20.07. - 1st Ukrainian Front, Soviet 2nd Air Army 5
07.08. - 4th Ukrainian Front, Soviet 8th Air Army 6
28.08. - Soviet 2nd Air Army
17.09. - rebellious 1st Czechoslovak Army in Slovakia 7
10/44 - Soviet 2nd Air Army
05.12.1944 - Soviet 8th Air Army
||Staff Captain František Fajtl
||18.09.1944 - 106 persons (22 pilots and 84 members of ground crew)
||Pilots: 20 Czechs and 2 Slovaks 8; ground crew: the major part were Soviets 9
||40 officers, 60 non-commissioned officers, 6 soldiers
|| Ivanovo [USSR] (14.04.) - Kubinka (18.05.) - Brjansk (20.07.) - Priluky (21.07.) - Proskurov (22.07.) - Stubno [PL] (07.09.) - Krosno (17.09.) - Zolná [SK] (17.09.) - Tri Duby (12.10.) 10 - Przeworsk [PL] (26.10.) - Przemysl (05.01.1945)
|Main combat operations:
||Support of Slovak national uprising (18.09. - 25.10.1944)
||Honorary degree Zvolen's Regiment
Czechoslovak war cross from 1939 for successful combats in Slovakia
Weapons and equipment
|Airplane [La-5 FN]||15||22||21 11||11 12|
Structure of unit
technical support outside unit
22.07. - Soviet 516th Aerodrome Battalion;
18.09. - Soviet 479th Aerodrome Battalion;
05.01.1945 - Soviet 430th Aerodrome Battalion.
- Uunit was created on 15.06.1944 by reorganization from the 1st Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Wing founded on 30.05.1944 (former 128th Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Wing created on 03.05.1944. Number 128th was used according to Soviet designation, 3 weeks later wing was designated as 1st Czechoslovak). According commander Fajtl unit was founded on 03.06.
- Became a part of higher 1st Czechoslovak Join Air Division.
- Unit was disciplinary subordinated to command of the 1st Czechoslovak Army Corps, but in combat actions subordinated to the Soviet air command.
- Commander Colonel Shumov.
- Commander Colonel General S. A. Krasovsky.
- Commander Lieutenant General V. N. Zhdanov.
- Military subordinated to the 1st Czechoslovak Army in Slovakia (commander of aircraft was Major Tóth), but technicaly still to the Soviet 2nd Air Army.
- Former members of enemy Slovak Air Arms, who deserted to the Soviet side.
- Members of the Soviet 436th Aerodrome Battalion under command Lieutenant Colonel A. P. Rubcov
- From 12.10. place of the 1st wing becouse of drenched ground at airport Zolná, from 20.10. there was placed also the 2nd wing.
- The 22nd plane was left on airport Krosno because of technical problems with landing gear.
- In the end 11 planes left Slovakia. Unrepairable planes and all equipment were destroyed before departure.
[USSR] = Soviet Union, [SK] = Slovakia, [PL] = Poland.
|CzechPatriots.com | Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945) | © 2005 - 2019 Michal Gelbič