|Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945)
1st Czechoslovak Army Corps
1st Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Regiment
|From - to:
||15.06.1944 1 - 25.01.1945 2
|Subordinate to: 3
04/44 - Soviet 6th air reserve brigade 4
20.07. - 1st Ukrainian front, Soviet 2nd air army 5
07.08. - 4th Ukrainian front, Soviet 8th air army 6
28.08. - Soviet 2nd air army
17.09. - rebellious 1st Czechoslovak Army in Slovakia 7
10/44 - Soviet 2nd air army
11/44 - Soviet 8th air army
||Staff Captain František Fajtl
||18.09.1944 - 106 persons (22 pilots and 84 members of ground crew)
||Pilots: 20 Czechs and 2 Slovaks 8; ground crew: the major part were Soviets 9
||40 officers, 60 non-commissioned officers, 6 soldiers
|| Ivanovo [USSR] (14.04.) - Kubinka (18.05.) - Proskurov (20.07.) - Stubno [PL] (07.09.) - airport Zolná [SK] (17.09.) - airport Tri Duby (12.10.) 10 - Przeworsk [PL] (26.10.) - Przemysl (05.01.1945)
|Main combat operations:
||Support of Slovak national uprising (18.09. - 25.10.1944)
||Honorary degree Zvolen's regiment
Cs. war cross from 1939 for successful combats in Slovakia
Weapons and equipment
|Airplane [La-5 FN]||15||22||21 11||22|
Structure of unit
- Uunit was created on 15.06.1944 by reorganization from the 1st Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Wing founded on 30.05.1944 (former 128th Czechoslovak Independent Fighter Air Wing created on 03.05.1944. Number 128th was used according to Soviet designation, 3 weeks later wing was designated as 1st Czechoslovak).
- Became a part of higher 1st Czechoslovak Join Air Division.
- Unit was disciplinary subordinated to command of 1st Czechoslovak Army Corps, but in combat actions subordinated to Soviet air command.
- Commander colonel Shumov.
- Commander colonel general S. A. Krasovsky.
- Commander lieutenant general V. N. Zhdanov.
- Military subordinated to 1st Czechoslovak Army in Slovakia (commander of aircraft was major Tóth), but technicaly still to Soviet 2nd air army.
- Former members of enemy Slovak air arms, who deserted to Soviet side.
- Members of Soviet 436th aerodrome battalion under command lieutenant colonel Rubcov A.P.
- From 12.10. place of 1st wing becouse of drenched ground at airport Zolná, from 20.10. there was placed also 2nd wing.
- The 22th plane was left on airport Krosno because of technical problems with landing gear.
[USSR] = Soviet Union, [SK] = Slovakia, [PL] = Poland.
|CzechPatriots.com | Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945) | © 2005 - 2019 Michal Gelbič