|Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945)
1st Czechoslovak Army Corps
1st Czechoslovak Independent Engineer Battalion
|From - to:
||05.06.1944 1 - 10/1945 2
1st Czechoslovak Army Corps
||Captain 3 Ladislav Jilma 4
from 18.04.1945 - Staff Captain Vladimír Lexa
||13.08.1944 - 340 persons
08.10.1944 - 276 persons
01.12.1944 - 206 persons
01.02.1945 - 387 persons
13.03.1945 - 274 persons
01.04.1945 - 307 persons
28.04.1945 - 461 persons
01.02.1945 - officers 18, sergeants 5, non-commissioned officers 57, rank and file 305
28.04.1945 - officers 27, sergeants 7, non-commissioned officers 152, rank and file 274
||Rusów [USSR] - Bilychi (08/44) - Wola Jasienicka (06.09.) [PL] - Zboiska (21.09.) - Radzów Stasjane (28.09.) - Barwinek - Vyšný Komárik [SK] (07.10.) - at the Ondava river (12/44) - Badružal - Lascov (21.01.1945) - Spišské Podhradie (26.01.) - Poprad - Hybe (31.01.) - Liptovský Sv. Ondrej (03.02.) - Beňadiková (09.03.) - Ružomberok - Dolný Kubín - Párnica - Kraĺovany - Ratkov (09.04.) - Žilina - Velká Bytča (02.05.) - Ústí (04.05.) [CZ] - Holešov (06.05.) - Kroměříž (08.05.) - Kojetín (08.05.) - Hrádkov (10.05.) - Třebešice (12.05.) - Pacov u Říčan (13.09.) - Královice u Prahy (14.09.) - Hradišťko u Štěchovic
||Construction, repairs, blasting of bridges 6, work with explosives, mining and demining, road and road modifications, building observation places and other military and civilian objects, camouflage, building of false atrap (artillery, tanks, fireplaces), surveys in the field.
|Main combat operations:
||In the event of high losses of regular units of the Army Corps, the sappers were deployed as infantry in immediate
combat activities (especially in the Carpathians in the battle for the Dukla Pass or city Liptovský Mikuláš).
||During the mission, the battalion had 38 men killed, 28 missing, 5 deserters, 170 injured.
||Order of the Red Star for the liberation of Ružomberok;
Czechoslovak war cross from 1939 for the liberation of Ružomberok.
Weapons and equipment
|Bridge set [NLP]||1||1|
|Towing motorboat [BMK-70]||1||?|
|Truck 7 [Studebaker]||17||16|
|Off-road vehicle [Dodge]||1 (2)||1 (2)|
|Off-road vehicle [Willys]||1||1|
|Captured passenger car||3|
- The 1st Czechoslovak Independent Engineer Battalion was created by the reorganization of the 1st Engineer Battalion of the 1st Czechoslovak Brigade, which was organized on 22 March 1944 by the transformation of the engineer company of the 1st Czechoslovak Independent Brigade.
- The 1st Czechoslovak Independent Engineer Battalion became part of the 1st Engineer Brigade.
- On September 20, 1944 promoted to Staff Captain, on February 25, 1945 to Major.
- Appointed engineer officer of the 1st Czechoslovak Army Corps.
- The table count assumed 429 soldiers and officers.
- From September 1944 to May 1945 the Engineer Battalion built, repaired, reinforced and secured against floods 80 bridges.
- The table count assumed 41 cars and a 1 tractor.
[tba] = to be added, rw = railway, [CZ] = Czech lands, [PL] = Poland, [SK] = Slovakia, [USSR] = Sovet Union.
|CzechPatriots.com | Czechoslovak military units in the USSR (1942 - 1945) | © 2005 - 2019 Michal Gelbič